Prepare For NJ Home Inspections
Prepare for NJ home inspections. If you are unprepared the home inspection may have to be rescheduled, canceled, or serve as an incomplete record of the condition of your home. It is not the job of a home inspector to clean your home and clear your spaces. If a New Jersey home inspector does clear out space in your home he may very well not put things back. Do yourself a favor and get ready for your home inspection.
Here are some great ideas on how to prepare for your NJ home inspection:
- make sure your fuse box is accessible
- clear out the cabinets underneath all sinks to plumbing is visible
- clear out closets
- make sure the basement and the attic are not only accessible but also maneuverable
- crawl spaces and utility rooms/closets are easy to find and access
- your fireplace is clean and has not been in use recently
- the foundation around your home should be easy to see or approach
While these are but a few ideas on how to best prepare for NJ home inspections the gist is to make it possible to see your home and access its systems. If a home inspector can’t see or touch integral spaces then you will have a hard time receiving an accurate report. Take the time to clean and de-clutter your home and you will get the NJ home inspection you deserve.
Schedule your NJ home inspection
Contact our team at Sherlock Home Inspectors today to learn more about the New Jersey home inspection process. Our goal is to help you understand what to expect and we will certainly share a checklist so you know what we are examining. Let our knowledge and experience serve as your guide, helping you prepare for NJ home inspections.
Sherlock Home Inspectors, your pre-purchase consultants. We have been serving New York and New Jersey since 1976. Let us inspect your home prior to selling to avoid any unnecessary surprises.